- a service for clients with tactile, neural, sensory and stress related issues or traumatic injuries
- education to our clients to enable them to participate in their own treatment
- individual sessions for clients
- a non-invasive, client-centred approach in therapy
To support the development of skills and knowledge of practitioners in the South African context.
To elaborate our scientific knowledge of the neuro health needs and practice specific for the South African population and contribute to the body of scientific knowledge.
What we do
Our approach to treatment is scientifically based on the development and functions of the neurological system.
- use a holistic approach to develop and integrate a person’s typical movement patterns
- integrate neural and sensory communication with body movements
- use movement to integrate the different movement- and reflex systems through activation, development and integration
- use Craniosacral Therapy to improve postural alignment, balance within the cranial system and promote the circulation of cerebrospinal fluid which enhance healing through the central nervous system
- use techniques to release trauma in the physical body and integrate the tactile, proprioceptive and vestibular systems affected by trauma
- educate clients or their carers to enable them to take an active role in their healing process
- use transparent communication in our work with our clients
- work with the person fully dressed with non- invasive techniques
- facilitate regular study and practice groups within our relevant disciplines
- arrange and facilitate local workshops in conjunction with Stellenbosch University
- host internationally recognised workshops
Under the umbrella of HNH we commit to utilize therapeutic techniques that fall within the therapies recognised and supported by HNH.
People who will benefit from this therapy
- Attention deficits and disorders
- Global developmental delay
- Fractures or joint replacements
- Neurological disorders
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Poor proprioception- balance and coordination
- Barriers to learning
- Pre – and Post-operative support
- Sensory processing disorders
- Sport injuries
Some things which are NOt in the spectrum of things we do:
- Yoga, Pilates, Reflexology, Body Massages, Acupuncture, Reiki and Meditations
- Miracle healings or consult spiritual mediums
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Work symptomatically
- Medical diagnosis or prescriptions
We do not work symptomatically and therefore do not prescribe medication. Medication, and any changes thereof, should always be discussed with your prescribing health care provider.
In line with South African law – please see the following website for information on the COVID-19 situation in South Africa https://sacoronavirus.co.za/